The workplace is rapidly changing. Sitting at a desk all day is no longer acceptable for a workforce wanting more flexibility, increased comfort and improved health. Sitting all day has been proven to lessen productivity and comfort. Siting all day is thought to be unhealthy.
According to research in an article by ESI:
- Sitting is associated with an increased risk of diabetes, heart disease, and death.
- Sitting strikes approximately 92,000 people each year with avoidable cancer.
- If you sit for a living, your risk of developing cardiovascular disease is twice that of someone who stands on the job.
- Sitting six-plus hours per day makes you up to 40 percent likelier to experience major health issues within 15 years than someone who sits fewer than three, even if you exercise.
- Sitting is said to be as unhealthy as smoking.
- When we sit, electrical activity in the legs shuts down enzymes that help break down fat by 90 percent and calorie burning drops to one per minute.
- Sitting causes good cholesterol levels to drop after two hours.
- Researchers have linked sedentary behavior to increased risk of several forms of cancer and blood clots, which can cause strokes and heart attacks, among other health problems.
- Sitting causes the risk of diabetes to increase 24 percent.
- ESI found one study found that sitting for less than three hours a day could increase life expectancy by two years.
Employers and employees alike are looking for new alternatives for the work environment. With an increased concern for workforce health, and pressure to decrease health insurance costs, employers are looking for new ways to improve employee health and productivity. Office Furniture Options has a practical, cost-effective solution for height adjustable options.
Our office is located in Muskego, but we provide height adjustable furniture for large and small businesses in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Kenosha, Racine, Chicago, and beyond!